Home

Government Ayurveda College, Thiruvananthapuram, pioneer institute of Ayurveda, Kerala, India was established in the year 1889 by the erstwhile Maharaja of travancore ,and is located on the M G Road, near the Thiruvananthapuram Central Bus Station and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station and functioning in aesthetically designed building.College is spread across acres of land, the college accommodates - both Inpatient and Out patient wing, Separate hospitals at Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram for panchakarma and also women and childcare management with well-equipped laboratories, dissection hall, demonstration hall, classrooms, auditorium, seminar hall, tissue culture lab, museum, herbal garden, animal house, snake park, yoga and meditation centre, canteen, drug standardization unit, pharmacy, publication division, offices, play ground, co-operative society, medical stores, consumer store, Physical education centre,NSS unit, College union, Hostel Union, PTA, HSA, PGSA, casualty management centre, ophthalmic investigation centre, X-ray and ECG investigating centre, and a well flourished library with enormous collection of books from various sciences with reading hall facility, in addition to the libraries of individual department. All together 14 departments exist and 11departments among them having Post graduate facility. The College has separate hostel for girls and boys. The college is recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM), New Delhi and Department of Ayush, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. Many senior faculty members of this institute have received invitation as resource personals at national and international conferences. They are also invited to share their views in designing syllabus and curriculum at the central council. Active interaction between faculty, other academicians & professionals in the field by way of seminars, workshops etc worked as a tool for developing personality skills in students. Scholars in different field including foreigners gather information from the institute.